Tuesday, December 28, 2004

What 2004 song are you?

I didn't find 2004 to be that great a musical year. Around December 31st every year, I make a list of the top 10 movies and top 10 songs of the past twelve months. Usually, it's an easy list to make (and this year's movies are no problem), but not this year. This year, I'm at a loss to think of five songs I loved and/or remember enough to type up.

Maybe I listened to too much Classic Rock and not enough of the new stuff. I was reminded of this by one of those stupid little time wasters where you answer a couple of questions and are told something misleadingly general about yourself. In this case, it was, "What 2004 Hit Song Are You?"

http://www.blogthings.com/2004hitquiz.html

It just takes a minute, and you regret it for the rest of your life!

After hitting Submit, they (and I know not who they are) claim that "This Love" by Maroon 5 is my song, or the song that most fits me, or the song that they oughtta play at my funeral, or something (I don't know, I wasn't paying attention) . Since I don't know the song (though the band name is definitely familiar), I'm wondering what other people got chosen, and how many songs are possible.

I don't subscribe to these silly things that can guess who your soulmate should be or how old you'll be when you die by answering a bunch of random questions like "What is your favourite colour?" "What month makes you happiest?" and "When did you last crap the bed?" But I've got to change my life (for the better), so I'm willing to take this on faith. As soon as I get home, I will track down this song, give it a listen, and see if it really does fit me. If it does, maybe I can be a bit more believing, a bit more positive about popular music, and optimistic in the new year.

If not, I'll probably take a nap.

Rish Outfield

No comments: