Tuesday, April 10, 2007

April 11th, 2007

A good friend of mine started doing a podcast the other day. He works with high-end equipment and was able to record it there at his job. I was really impressed by his podcast, partly because he actually finished something he started on, and partly because he sounded comfortable and professional.

Not everybody has a good podcast voice or personality. It's like when you turn on the radio and there's a new DJ on your station. Sometimes they sound like nine year olds working a tape recorder, and sometimes they sound real good, like Wolfman Jack and Rick Dees created a lovechild.

I was going to write a little bit about the combination of pride and jealousy that I feel when a friend of mine succeeds. I don't know if I will now, but it probably says a lot about me that I often feel disappointment when a buddy achieves something worthwhile or of value. It's not that I want them to fail, it's just that I want to succeed, or share in their success, or feel a part of it all. Surely that's not a character flaw that's solely mine, is it?

Hey, maybe I'm a scumbag, I don't know. After all, I've never put forth the effort to create a podcast. I don't know how I would post it, and I doubt anybody would want to listen to it (since sod-all read my blog anymore), so I've not spent the sweat and headaches to produce one. I've thought about podcasting, considered it, and ultimately forgot about it (or at least put it on the Shelf of Eternal Procrastination). Hmmm, maybe that does make me a scumbag.

Rish

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Famous last words. ;)

Was this the Dunesteef? I'm all curious.

Rish Outfield said...

No, but it was my partner in crime at the Dunesteef. He had a podcast of his own a whole year before we started our fiction one.