Monday, July 30, 2007

Comic-Con pics 1

So, I went to the San Diego Comic-Con again this weekend. I was trying out my new camera, and haven't quite got the hang of it, as evidenced by this picture of my favourite television creator:

I was really taking a lot of photos, though, trying to figure out what a digital camera can do (I didn't realise until after my interviews were done that it also records audio). I've only figured out about half of the features, and to be honest, I still fail half the time just trying to delete unwanted pictures. But I consider the weekend a crash course in digital photography.

For example, I wasn't quick enough on the draw to get a good photo of "Twin Peaks" (and now "Reaper") star Ray Wise on the escalator:

And I couldn't figure out the light setting while taking this one of the convention center:

And I zoomed in instead of out while taking this shot of Lou "The Incredible Hulk" Ferrigno chatting with David "Darth Vader" Prowse:

But the greatest lesson I learned, boys and girls, was to ALWAYS pack extra batteries. When it was time to do my interviews on Friday, my camera simply wouldn't work. Jeffrey Combs patiently stood by my side while my camera refused to take any more pictures, until finally, he had to move on. I ran over to Ralph's and picked up a four-pack of AAs, but it was too late by then, wasn't it? No, no photos of fake actress breasts here, folks.

I do hope these terrible pictures are entertaining to you. They show my learning curve in action. So, while this picture of the new Bruce Banner didn't work out . . .

. . . this one of Gale Anne Hurd perfectly captures her reaction to the new series, "The Sarah Conner Chronicles:"

And eventually, I was getting pretty good pictures, like this one of "Groo" creator and Mad Magazine artist, Sergio Aragones:

Unfortunately, everywhere I went, I kept seeing this strange-looking naked Asian kid.

I hope that's nothing to worry about.

To be continued . . .

No comments: