Saturday, October 27, 2007

All Hallows Week Post 3: Vampires

27 October 2007

In a script tyranist and I wrote back in college, one of the characters bemoans the overdone-ity of vampires in cinema.*

In fact, looking over the Horror Film Compendium's stats, I see that we've reviewed sixty-six films with Vampire as the Threat (and that doesn't count films featuring vampires in supporting roles). It's likely that only the all-inclusive Psychopath has more entries on our list than Vampire does.


So, there have been a lot of vampire flicks through the years. For some reason, that made narrowing my favourites down to five really difficult. I'm so not certain that my list is accurate that I think I'll list tyranist's first. Maybe that'll give me a couple minutes to rework my own list.

Tyranist's five favourite Vampire films:

1. Horror of Dracula (1958)
2. Lost Boys (1987)
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992)
4. Blade II (2002)
5. Lifeforce (1985)


And this is Rish's list:

1. Underworld (2003)
2. Interview with the Vampire (1994)
3. From Dusk Till Dawn (1995)
4. Blade II (2002)
5. Dracula 2000 (2000)


Wow, that didn't go well. And people HATE Dracula 2000. Maybe I should've cheated and put the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" TV series down. That one's best of all.

Rish Outfield

*Maybe one of the reasons I didn't excel in school was my penchant for words like "overdoneity."

No comments: