Sunday, October 28, 2007

All Hallow's Week Post 4: Ghosts

28 October 2007

I think I was wrong the other day when I said that only Psychopath was used more on the HFC than Vampire. Looking over the stats, I saw that Ghost, along with Haunted Houses, Evil Spirits, and Poltergeists, were the Threats listed on NINETY-NINE titles. As soon as I review Right To Die, that'll put us to an even hundred.

So there's a lot to choose from. And it's difficult to come up with my Five Favourite Ghost Movies. I'll have to ask tyranist if it was hard for him.

1. The Messengers (2007)
2. The Sixth Sen--

Wait just a minute. Who is screwing with my list? I HATED The Messengers. Damn ghosts.

1. Poltergeist (1982)
2. The Sixth Sense (1999)
3. The Frighteners (1996)
4. Haunted (1995)
5. The Grudge (2004)


And tyranist's list:

1. Haunted (1995)
2. Frighteners (1996)
3. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
4. Candyman (1992)
5. The Grudge (2004)


Again, two lists that are suspiciously similar. I would've liked to have listed The Forgotten One (1990), just to stir things up. But ah well.

I have to admit I didn't think of Elm Street as being a ghost movie. Though what else is Fred Krueger than a ghost? A boogeyman, I suppose it could be argued, but Freddy was once a man who died, seeking revenge on those who killed him, and that's pretty ghost-like to me.

Rish Outfield

No comments: