Thursday, November 01, 2007

All Hallow's Eve Week Post 8: The End

1 November 2007

So, in my mother's old country, they call today Dia De Los Muertos. In this country, it's called, The Day The Stores Are Now 100% Decorated For Christmas.

This brings me to the end of my top five lists.


Although to me, it's enjoyable enough that I wouldn't mind doing it all the time. I'll ask tyr about it and see how many times he stabs me.

In the meantime, in honour of ending my week of lists, I present my five favourite Unhappy Horror Movie Endings. And tyranist's too.

1. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)*
2. Seven (1995)
3. The Fly (1958)**
4. The Omen (1976)
5. I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)***


And tyranist's top five:

1. Seven (1995)
2. The Descent (2006)
3. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
4. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
5. The Wolf Man


I thank anyone who actually read these lists, and I thank Tyranist Meridius Maximus (father of a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife) for playing along.

Halloween is every day!

Rish Outfield

*I'd also like to qualify Invasion 1956, but that original unhappy ending is so rarely shown that it shouldn't even be considered.

**"Help meeee! Heeeeeeeelp meeeeee!"

***Yep, I listed it again. Speak to my lawyer.

No comments: