Monday, July 07, 2008

Will Smith Top Five

In honor of HANCOCK, I thought I'd ask your Top Five Will Smith movies. Then I forgot. Still, if you don't mind, we'll call it this week's.
As usual, tyranist was the first one to send me a response. It was:
1. Enemy of the State
2. Hancock
3. Independence Day
4. Men in Black
5. Men in Black II


What, no WILD WILD WEST?

I continue to hate I, ROBOT and I don't see that ever changing. I guess mine would be:
1. JERSEY GIRL (you know, I considered defending this choice here, but now I don't think I want to).
2. INDEPENDENCE DAY (this is a movie people have really taken to despising over the last ten years, but I saw it again recently, and though I didn't love it as I once did, there was still a lot of great moments. Enough for me to still put it at the top of my list--though it's at number two just to piss the JERSEY GIRL haters off)
3. MEN IN BLACK
4. I AM LEGEND
5. THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS


Cousin Ryan was second to send me a list. His went like this:
Men in Black
Independence Day
Men in Black II
I, Robot
Wild Wild West
Merrill tossed this my way:
1. Independence Day
2. Men In Black
3. I, Robot
4. Hitch
5. Jersey Girl


Chemist Jeff sent me a list of all Will Smith's movies and a star rating for each of them. I asked him if there was a ranking, and he gave me this (which I sort of have to accept):
I am Legend
Men in Black
Enemy of the State
Independence Day
Hancock


Leave it to my old buddy Rhett to surprise the heck out of me with this weird list:
1. Men In Black II
2. Men In Black
3. Independence Day
4. I Am Legend
5. Hancock


Seriously, II before I???
Prison Guard Johnny was last to send a list, which was:
1. Independence Day
2. Hancock
3. Men in Black
4. Hitch
5. The Legend of Bagger Vance


Not a lot of people responded to this one. Since doing this post, I've seen HANCOCK, and maybe you have too, which might have influenced the final list. Without it, though, it looks like:
(TIE)1. MEN IN BLACK
1. INDEPENDENCE DAY
3. HANCOCK
4.(TIE) MEN IN BLACK II
4. I AM LEGEND


Rish "I Gots To Get Me One of These!" Outfield

No comments: