Saturday, August 16, 2008

not really even a post

Today, THE DARK KNIGHT pushed past STAR WARS on the all-time box office list. It's now second after TITANIC.

I don't know how I feel about that.

If Lucas would rerelease the Trilogy every few years instead of just put out a different home video version, he wouldn't need to worry about TITANIC, let alone DARK KNIGHT. But ah well.

Rish Outfield

Post-script: I went to a furniture and appliances store for a water filter today, and STAR WARS was playing on one of their display monitors. It was at the scene where Han Solo says, "It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense," and I gotta tell you, I've seen STAR WARS more times than you and all of your brothers and sisters put together, and I was tempted to just forget about the filter and sit and watch the movie right there. If it had been the Death Star attack at the end, I know I would've stuck around to watch it. As much as I enjoyed DARK KNIGHT, there is absolutely nothing in cinema like STAR WARS, take that as you will.
Well, I guess there's EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, if you've got to be technical.

No comments: