Monday, September 08, 2008

Top Five Batman Villains

I was at a loss as to what to submit for the Top Five list this week, but I saw that DARK KNIGHT is still in the Top Five at the box office, so I thought I'd do a Batman related one (or two).

This week, it's everybody's Top Five Batman Villains. I also asked that they explain why they picked Egghead for number one.

I gave it a bit of thought, and my list would have to be:
1. The Joker
2. Catwoman
3. Harley Quinn
4. Ra's Al Ghul
5. Two-Face

Since Evil Cousin Ryan and tyranist always answer first, I tried to give everybody else a head start and sent them the request at night, then sent the other two the request in the morning. Tyranist and Ryan still ended up getting their lists back to me first.

Tyranist really surprised me with his list. I mean seriously, the Mad Hatter?
1. Scarecrow
2. Penguin
3. Joker
4. Harley Quinn
5. Mad Hatter



Then Cousin Ryan hit me with:
1. Ra's al Ghul
2. Two-Face
3. Joker & Harley Quinn
4. Clayface
5. Bane

I never know how to tabulate these suckers when people list two together. Still can't figure it out.
I was surprised to see that Beta Ray Charles, who's bowed out of the last couple of lists, was next to respond. And not only that, but he actually explained his number one choice, as I requested. His list:
1. Two-Face
2. Joker
3. Catwoman
4. Mr. Freeze
5. Ra's al Ghul
In BRC's words: "The dichotomy of Two-Face makes him interesting. He's a psychopath, but also has his messed up sense of honor."

Jeff responded next, with a three-page explanation of how he doesn't know the comics, so he'd have to go by the movies, and he hasn't seen all of the movies, but he used to watch the Adam West TV series and that would have to be factored in, so he probably would do better to list EVERY Batman villain he was familiar with, and narrow it down from there. And when he finally did that, he had a list of eleven he liked, which he not only narrowed down to five, but had to specify which actor's version he was referring to. Jeff's ultimate top five was:
1) Joker - Heath Ledger
2) Ra's Al Ghul - Liam Neeson
3) Joker - Jack Nicholson
4) Two Face/Dent - Aaron Eckhart
5) Burg. Meredith as Penguin

I am physically exhausted after reading his list.

Prison Guard Johnny was last to respond, also putting actors for each role. His list was:
1.Joker (Jack Nicholson)
2.Joker (Heath Ledger)
3.Riddler (Jim Carey)
4.Two Face (Tommy Lee Jones
5.Cat Woman (Michelle Pfeiffer)


Well, unless somebody else gets back to me, it looks like our winners are:
1. THE JOKER (no surprise there)
2. TWO-FACE (number two, where he'd want to be)
3. RA'S AL GHUL
4. CATWOMAN
5. HARLEY QUINN
6. EGGHEAD

Rish "The Clown Prince of Dorks" Outfield

3 comments:

ryanlb said...

Oo, I've graduated to Evil Cousin Ryan. How nice.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.