Sunday, April 25, 2010

Writing Resolution Announcement

For twenty years now, I have wanted to be a writer and have been keeping track of the fiction I write. It's been a while since I looked over the numbers, but I don't have to have a database in front of me to know that I don't write nearly enough and hardly ever finish my stories. And when I do write and do finish, nobody ever reads it.

There's this dude the Drabblecast just mentioned who vowed to post a hundred word story on his website (or blog) every day for a year. I guess that was a while back, and he actually accomplished his goal and is able to hold his head up high when people recognize him in bookstores or at urinals.

Well, I figure I've got to be at least be one fifty-second as good a writer as he is, so I thought I'd try to do it for a week. You know, for the kids?

Let's see if I can actually accomplish a goal for once. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Big Anklevich said...

Well, you managed to post about starting the challenge. That's a good start.