Thursday, May 06, 2010

PodCastle story

I'm reading the current PodCastle miniature story, "Mario's Three Lives" by Matt Bell. It's an amusing little story, despite the title ruining any subtlety the text may have intended. We didn't do any sound effects or music, so you can hear a lot of cheap microphone on the recording, which is a bummer, but ah well.

PodCastle is the Fantasy-centric podcast spinoff of EscapePod, which was the first podcast I ever listened to, and I shan't badmouth it here. There are three EscapePod-related podcasts, and I have gotten to read stories on two of them (the other being PseudoPod, the Horror version). Truth be told, my fiction is never going to make it on those highly public and acclaimed shows, but it's nice to be able to narrate a story on them.

The tale itself is very short, so check it out if you get eight minutes free.

Rish

2 comments:

Unascertained said...

Truth be told, my fiction is never going to make it on those highly public and acclaimed shows

Would these be the stories that you don't allow out in public? Can't fault that logic ;)

For the record, I can imagine 2 of your Writing Resolution stories fitting in well as miniatures on Escape Artist podcasts.

Abigail Hilton said...

Heheh. I got to listen to one Podcastle narrated by Norm and one narrated by you almost back-to-back. Two of my favorite podcasters, and they were both good stories. Nice job!