Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Don't Upset the Ghosts

Big and I got together to record stories and podcast episodes this Monday, and long before Religion and Politics reared their ugly, veiny, throbbing heads, we had what should've been a more interesting experience.

Apparently, something we said or one of my jokes upset a spirit, because it threw a potted plant across the kitchen during our recording. My back was to it, and though I didn't know what it was, I remember stiffening, and every hair on my head (and elsewhere) standing straight up.

Big and I were silent for a moment as adrenaline turned us into 'roid rage bodybuilder-types. We then apologized to the ghost/poltergeist (is a poltergeist different than a ghost, or is it just a mischievous spirit?), and continued recording.

Later, we cleaned up the mess, still chuckling about the weird experience. Luckily, Big's wife can sleep through anything (except for my speaking voice), so she didn't stir, but wow, it scared me something fierce.

It's a shame it had to happen at Big's house, though, and not my uncle's House of the Dead. Wasted opportunity, that.

No comments: