Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy day-before-the-worst-day-of-the-year, kids!

In honor of tomorrow . . .

Lucky Number
By Rish Tiberius Outfield

Big and I were at Del Taco again, and the cashier gave him a hearty smile. "That'll be order number 69," she said, handing him his receipt.

He walked by me, raising his eyebrows. "My lucky number, wouldn't you say?" he boasted.

"Coincidence," I said, stepping up to the register. I gave my order and even made a little joke about the Half-pound Bean and Cheese Burrito, but she didn't smile at me like she had my friend. Too bad. She was kind of pretty. Maybe Big's number hadn't been a coincidence.

"That'll be order number 41," she told me.

2 comments:

Unascertained said...

Happy Valentine's Day Rish!

Looking on the bright side, if it is the worst day of the year then at least it's over and done with by mid-February.

Big Anklevich said...

The weird thing about that Del Taco, is that I get that number every freaking time I go there. Once it was this big fat pimply bearded guy who would not have been out of place in the line in front of us at Comic-Con. He gave me the same smile as he handed me my receipt.