Saturday, March 15, 2014

Rish Performs "The Jester At Scar" by E.C. Tubb at Audible.com

"The Jester at Scar" is the latest E.C. Tubb book about Earl Dumarest to become available to purchase.  This was the last book in my five-book contract with Wildside Press.  It was not terribly difficult (the hard ones were the first and fourth, for reasons I believe I've mentioned), but as it came in the month of December, I was distracted and otherwise occupied, and missed my deadline by several days.

In this one, Dumarest ends up on a planet called Scar, where the seasons are short, and the winters so deadly, the world basically shuts down.  During the spring and summer, though, the planet comes to life, because there are tons of fungi growing out there, and some are incredibly valuable.  Earl and his friend go out looking for The Golden Spore, which is so rare it makes anyone who finds it instantly rich.  He, of course, makes a ton of enemies along the way.
As I've mentioned before, this is simply the fifth book in a thirty-three book series (which I believe might have kept going if not for the death of the author*), but I was doing it at the end of last year, when I was busy, tired, and pretty darn sick of audiobooks.

Now that it's come out, though, and I've taken a bit of vacation from them (although I had to cut my holiday short to fix several errors in the edited recordings), maybe it's time to follow Earl around on another of his adventures.

Here's the link: http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantasy/The-Jester-at-Scar-Audiobook/B00IT62MO4/ref=a_search_c4_1_1_srTtl?qid=1395682109&sr=1-1

Rish Outfield, Audioboy

*Although that never stopped Brian Herbert, Michael Brandman, or Brandon Sanderson.

1 comment:

ryanlb said...

Not to mention Christopher Tolkien