Thursday, May 08, 2014

Rish Performs "Stopover at the Backworlds' Edge" on Audible

The second novel I ever recorded for Audible was "The Backworlds" by M. Pax.  I was still learning, and there are a couple of things I'd do differently on it, but it sounded a heck of a lot better than the first book I did, and its content was a hell of a lot better than the third book I did.  So, when the author asked if I'd like to narrate the second installment in that series, I was happy to do so.

I was happier, though, when I discovered how fun the second book was, and that the majority of the characters were the ones I already knew the voices of (from the first book).  In fact, I was even able to alter the voice of one of the characters I was never really happy with from "The Backworlds."  So that's nice.

"Stopover at the Backworlds' Edge" picks up a year or so after the first book, when Craze and his friends have settled on a dusty, barren world, hoping to make a life for themselves catering to the ships that pass by there.  But their luck takes a turn for the worse when a big ship from the evil Foreworlds docks outside his little bar.  A bunch of new enemies--and one old one--are there with a nefarious purpose in mind, and aren't used to taking no for an answer.

Science Fiction is a really fun genre, and I've not read a lot of those type of books.  I'm pretty fortunate that I'm getting to perform two different Sci-Fi series now (and may actually get paid to do this one!).  Check out the link here:http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantasy/Stopover-at-the-Backworlds-Edge-Volume-2-Audiobook/B00K33KL2G/ref=a_search_c4_1_2_srTtl?qid=1399585274&sr=1-2

No comments: