Tuesday, April 03, 2018

Babysitter of the Year

Seems like it's been a while (maybe years) since I did one of these posts.*  But this was so shameful I couldn't not post it.  Even if it makes me look like as terrible a human being as I am.

So, my sister had another baby, and he's quite fun to hang around with, except for when he isn't.  I was taping up some envelopes and he came over to me in his little rolling chair thing (nobody in the family seems to know what to call it, but it's a baby seat with wheels and a tray), and I thought it would be amusing to put a couple of strips of tape on his face and take a picture of his reaction.


Well, he didn't like it.  As soon as I stuck one on, he'd tear it off or thrash about enough that I gave up after a couple of pieces and went back to what I was doing.

A couple of minutes later, the baby started coughing, and my nephew exclaimed, "I think he's choking."  Well, I knew what it had to be.

Sure enough, he had eaten one of the pieces of tape, and we had to fish it out of his mouth with our fingers.

Obviously, I'm a terrible human being, but what makes it worse is that I never did get a good picture out of it.

Rish "Bad Uncle" Outfield

*So long that I can't recall if it was Babysitter of the "Year," "Week," or "Month."

No comments: