Tuesday, May 01, 2018

I Narrate "Free Balloons For All Good Children" On Pseudopod

"Free Balloons For All Good Children." What a title.  But that's the name of the story written by Dirck de Lint that I read over on Pseudopod, the Horror Podcast.

A father takes his toddler out to a park, and discovers a balloon there that threatens to do more than just pop with a startling sound.

I shared the story with Big Anklevich because it so reminded me of a story he wrote, where we took something that shouldn't be scary (a balloon, in his case), but tried to make it scary.

It's a very short piece, but effective nonetheless.  Link Right Here.

Rish "There Are No Good Children" Outfield

P.S.  Have you ever known anyone named "Dirck?"  Be honest now.

1 comment:

Harry III said...

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Haven't listened to THAT escape artist podcast in years, but will listen to you narrate almost anything!....gonna check it out!